1. Sec. 141 defines “Unlawful Assembly”.
2. Punishment is lighter than rioting. Punishment for unlawful assembly is six months imprisonment, or with fine, or with both. (Sec. 143).
3. The offence of unlawful assembly is genus.
4. Violence and force are less.
1. Sec. 146 defines “Rioting”
2. Punishment for rioting is severe than unlawful assembly. Sec. 147 imposes punishment for rioting two years imprisonment, or with fine, or with both.
3. Rioting is a species Rioting is an aggravated form of unlawful assembly.
4. Violence and force are more in rioting.